Friday, June 8, 2007

A Morning in the Scott House

I thought some of you might want to hear what a typical morning at our house is like. We do not have a set wake up time (expecially since it is summer break). However, we are still up and moving by 8am. I have recently started waking up to a cup of coffee to get started. Until this year, the smell of coffee was not something that would excite me. Now, I can't wait to get a cup in the morning.

We eat breakfast (which is either pancakes, eggs, or cereal) and then get going. Today I was thinking about cleaning in the morning and playing in the afternoon. It did not happen that way! Before I knew it, it was 12pm and I hadn't accomplished anything. We made new swords out of cardboard and foil. We also put on turtle and spiderman costumes and let the boys pretend for awhile. They really had a lot of fun with the costumes.

Christian always sleeps longer than Cole and Caleb. He stays in his crib until around 10am. This is actually very helpful to me. When we were schooling Cole, I could get a large portion of his work done before Christian would wake up. Today, Christian was not around for the costumes.

Tonight, I will post some pictures of the boys in their costumes!

No comments: